Utopia Forest Honey is a proudly natural Namibian product sourced from beekeepers in the mighty Zambezi region. Our honey is free of any additives and preservatives, guaranteeing you a healthy option to add some sweetness to your life. We package the honey in glass jars, this ensures that our honey stays pure, free from contamination.
Honey is a good source of:
- Anti-oxidants help protect your body from cell damage due to free radicals that contribute to the ageing process and also contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- The antiseptic Hydrogen Peroxide, which is an effective antibacterial and antifungal substance that has the ability to remedy infections.
- Phytonutrients are compounds found in plants that help protect the plant from harm. The phytonutrients in honey are responsible for its antioxidant properties, as well as its antibacterial and antifungal power. They’re also thought to be the reason raw honey has shown immune-boosting and anticancer benefits. Heavy processing destroys these valuable nutrients.
Apart from sweetening your food and drinks, honey is sometimes used
- to treat digestive issues such as diarrhoea.
- effective as a treatment for stomach ulcers.
- to nourish the good bacteria that live in the intestines, which are crucial not only for digestion but overall health.
- as a sore throat remedy and a cough suppressant.
- as a salve to heal burns and prevent infections.
- improve both short- and long-term memory, especially in menopausal and postmenopausal women.
- as an effective topical treatment for both oral and genital herpes.
- a sugar alternative that will not spike your blood sugar levels which is essential for diabetics.